Guide created by FabricGuru.com
General Guidelines For Outdoor Fabric Care
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not tumble dry; outdoor fabrics dry quickly.
- Fabric is water-resistant, not waterproof.
- Brush off loose dirt and wipe up spills as they occur.
- Fabrics do not promote mildew growth, but mildew can grow on soils or spills if not promptly removed. UV ratings are given in terms of hours of protected sun exposure. Most printed/ woven polyester and printed acrylic fabrics are rated for 500 – 750 light hours. Woven acrylics are rate for 1,500+ light hours.
How to Clean The Most Common Outdoor Fabrics
- Solution-Dyed Acrylics
- Printed Acrylic or Printed Polyesters
- Vinyl-Coated Synthetic Fiber Mesh